Japan through our eyes
Today's episode is a collaboration with Jeff Krueger from Deep in Japan podcast.
Jeff Krueger is a proud father of four: three beautiful children and a wonderful podcast. Having lived in Japan for over 15 years, Jeff takes upon himself to find "a single, overarching theory of Japan and its people." However, the only thing he discovered was that there is that different people have different ideas about what Japan really is - even the Japanese themselves. Thus, Deep in Japan was born with the mission to bring the stories of the residents of Japan out there to the world.
In today's episode, we sit down with Jeff to talk about Japan, about our lives, our passion for podcasts, and our perception of the country.
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Our experiences as university students in Japan: Jeff at Waseda and us at TIU.
- The club culture we experienced at the two universities.
- What made Jeff decide to stick around after finishing university?
- Studying Japanese.
- Ups and downs of podcasting in Japan.
- How did we start our podcast?
- The technical difficulties of running a podcast.
- Our plans for the future.
- What are our perspectives on Japan?
"Deep in Japan Podcast allows you to experience Japan through the eyes of people who actually live here [with] rich, thoughtful, and candid interviews with people from all walks of life." Check out Deep in Japan at: https://soundcloud.com/deep-in-japan
Follow Deep in Japan on social media at: https://www.facebook.com/deepinjapan/
Support Jeff on Patreon at: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3864210